Subject: Stuff
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 10:23:05 +0100

Date sent:  

Hi folks,

> Just to say that my ftp site is now open. If you have any blitz stuff 
> you want to put on it, simply log in and download, making sure to 
> include a txt file too..

At last its back on line!

> IMPORTANT: This ftp site is based on a crappy novell system, so only 
> 8.3 filenames are allowed!!! 8( So no .readme files (they won't 
> work), just .txt files (eg. myprog.txt).

Tragic PC rubbish!  Buy an Amiga A4000T!

> Currently the ftp site is only one directory, but I'll hopefully 
> structure it a bit better as soon as I have time, adding a blitz dir
> etc etc. If you have a new version of a blitz program already on the 
> site, you cannot upload over the top of the old one, or delete it. 
> So either call the new one by a different name (and I'll sort it 
> out), or upload to the incoming dir which I'll eventually create!!

Hurray?

> 2. Its not a speedy site, so please don't abuse it. I'm only 
> providing it as a service to fellow blitzers. If problems arise due 
> to misuse or cronic over use (which will slow my PC down - which my 
> boss won;t be too happy about, and its slow enough anyway 8^), then I 
> may withdraw it. So no complaints about the speed, its the speed you 
> see, and nothing will change that...

Speed?  Ha!  Try using the sisvax!

> 1. Starwoids (dms). Oldish version actually, but I'll leave it there.

Cool little game..... ;-)

> 2. RILibs. This is newer than the one on aminet, but not the newist! 
> Steve, upload with all speed.

I'll try and get something sorted out over the next week.
A new release of the ZoneJoy library is nearly ready.  It supports 020
instructions (i.e. CMP2) and has had the joystick testing routines enchanced to
remove unnecessary code and sloppy work ;-).
Hopefully I'll be testing the lib out, then once I've done exhaustive testing
(e.g. about 10 mins) I'll go some updating docs for it.

Note:  The 020 testing is switch on or offable BUT you can obviously only
switch it on if you have a 68020 in your Amiga.

> 3. BlitzGuide. Again, not the newish I don't think, but again, upload 
> the new one if you want Jurgen.

Great work from Jurgen!  I've got the guide installed on my machine and have it
available at a touch of a key.  Everyone should have a copy ;-).

TO MARTIN:
~~~~~~~~~~

  I have been unable to mail you directly.  I have, though, placed a message in
your ftp site named TOMARTIN.TXT.  Read this and delete it please.  Anyone else
can read it as well but I don't think you'll get too much out of it ;-).

Bye-bye from me,

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images|  My map editor's NOT a bit buggy ;-) |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/170HD/6MB/Blitz2             | Current project : BlitzBombers AGA   |
|                                    | [#################################:] |
|          >>> HANG-FIRE <<<         | Current Project : RI Libs v???       |
|                                    | [###########################:::::::] |
|                                    | Current Project : RI Map Editor v1.2 |
|  [email-masked]     | [#################################:] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/